A highly recognisable FMCG brand is now seeking a Trade Marketing Manager / Activation Manager for a 12-month contract. Working with teams in Ireland and UK Markets, this is an opportunity for growth and development in a successful global organisation. The role reports directly to the Country Manager and works closely with sales, key accounts, ecommerce and manages a series of agency relationships. This role works on a hybrid basis 50/50 work from home & office.
Responsibilities of the Trade Marketing Manager
- Create aligned and agreed channel and sub channel strategy (work with KA, & sales managers)
- Deliver a plan and calendar to create market share objectives within traditional retail channels
- Create a range of outstanding trade marketing tools
- Plan sales force priorities across sub channels
- Link brand and shopper needs to develop compelling trade facing material
- Develop sales force tools for success
- Review and refine modelling to evaluate and share the strategic implications and considerations of prioritisation.
- Assess account attractiveness and identify any strategic considerations.
- Develop the high level business case to support proposed trade initiatives and define the feasibility of proposed initiatives
- Manage the full cycle calendar based on business needs
Develop Trade Initiative Plan
- Establish the detail required to effectively implement the initiative plan.
- Calculate the number of sales cycles required, resources per initiative and detailed activities to execute the plan.
- Assign owners to each element of the plan to ensure accountability to the initiative plans.
- Estimate costs of each activity or element of the initiative.
Measure Investment Returns
- Identify key learnings from the evaluation of investment returns and share with the relevant teams.
What we are looking for in a Trade Marketing Manager
- Proven track record of successful sales and or trade marketing experience across a number of traditional retail channels
- Exceptional knowledge of customer and shopper dynamics across traditional retail channels.
- Proven business planning and operational planning capabilities.
- Proven ability to engage successfully with the senior management at group level
- Track record of influencing sophisticated retail customers at head office level.
- Track record of creating tools to support sales force.
- Exceptional numerical and analytical capability demonstrated via previous roles
- Highly developed organisational and delivery behaviour and attitudes.
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills in a complex matrix organisation.
- Highly commercial and numerate.
- Excellent analytical skills.