An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Global Sustainability Manager to set the Sustainability agenda for this very high profile Irish brand on a global stage.
Why this role might be of interest:
- Work with a world-class brand, developing their sustainability agenda in global markets
- Join one of Ireland’s best marketing teams
- Develop plans and sustainability goals for 2025 and 2030
- Great package including a great salary, car allowance and completion bonus
- Please note that this is initially a 12-month contract position.
Who are we looking for:
A sustainability expert with the marketing skills to drive the sustainability marketing agenda for this high profile brand.
Develop and champion the Sustainability vision and roadmap and embed it across the global marketing team. The role will be the stewardship to strategically leverage the marketing sustainability and responsibility initiatives and commitments working closely with international marketing team, consumer insights, production, technical, corporate affairs and agencies/suppliers to create and deliver initiatives that ensure we embed sustainability in our brand design now and in the future. This role will be the expert ensuring at every stage we have the right insight, technical understanding and process to make informed choices.
The role holder will have primary responsibility for bringing a high-level sustainability voice to our brand portfolio.
Roles and responsibilities:
Develop the brand Sustainability strategy, feasibility and commitments for 2020
- Lead and develop short-term sustainability strategy outlining key commitments and actions for 2020.
- In line with global group requirements, collating across the marketing team and production the current targets and actions that can be put in place with immediate effect (2020)
- Be the key point of contact for the marketing stream of the sustainability program that ladders back up to our Global Sustainability platform.
- Managing the brand KPIs, engaging in business wide deep dive on our current Sustainability strategy and actions, representing marketing within this cross functional team
Develop the long-term Brand Sustainability strategy, roadmap, feasibility and commitments, for 2025 and 2030
- Lead a cross-functional marketing team of marketing sustainability champions to drive the brand strategy and required actions, embedding it within marketing plans and activities (comms, experience, innovation, packaging)
- Develop and implement across the business the brand sustainability strategy and roadmap embedding it into the business and gaining support and buy in from key stakeholders (leadership team, marketing teams, production)
- Manage and support the delivery of the plan including building in targets and development of the communication strategy for any future sustainability activities.
- Champion the sustainability marketing strategy and embed it within the business as a strategic tool, demonstrating its relevance to business challenges, growth opportunities and the 2030 Strategic Plan
- Ensure strategy is based on extensive desk research, stakeholder insights, consumer insight and agency expertise
Become the internal expert, thought leader and point of contact within Sustainability across the Global Marketing Team
- Drive thought leadership in Sustainability, lead the conversation on what is happening i.e. legislation, interpreting trends, emerging technologies, innovation, competitive activity
- Continuously looking for ways to work with suppliers, production, markets and consumers to ensure that our products are sustainable and of the best quality feasible within our framework
- Redefine the role of sustainability across all Marketing activities, embedding it in everything we do
- Lead cross functional teams to ensure strong alignment, engagement and to embed the plan across all key stakeholders within the global and local marketing teams, ensure we collectively build and believe in our vision, strategy and commitments
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or MBA, post graduate, most likely in Sustainability or similar
- International experience is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Proven ability to influence and work across different functions
- Proven ability to lead award winning brands, drive strategy and creativity
- Brand Management or transferable experience within lifestyle brands, agencies, spirits, etc.
- Previous experience in a global role for a lifestyle brand, or agency desirable
- Marketing Management in a local market/region desirable
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Experience of navigation in a corporate world
- English language (fluent)