A Strategic Marketing Director is now sought to lead the marketing function of an international Irish heritage FMCG brand. Managing a team and reporting to the Ireland & UK Managing Director, you will be responsible for planning and driving the marketing agenda for the business in this newly created position.
We are looking for a highly experienced FMCG marketing leader with knowledge of retail and foodservice channels.
Strategy / Executive Function
- In conjunction with the MD and the Exec Team, the Strategic Marketing Director will play a key role in strategy development and execution within the business.
- Develop and execute an integrated marketing / brand strategy to drive profitable growth. This plan should focus particularly on the development of sustainable leadership positions in key areas of our category through premium insight-based, innovative branded solutions and experiences, close customer relationships and excellence in execution.
- This strategy development and implementation is underpinned by best practice strategic marketing activities, including consumer insights, market mapping, portfolio mapping, innovation, brand strategies and brand policies.
- Take full responsibility for delivering best in class Digital Marketing and establishing best practice in terms of the full suite of Digital Marketing touchpoints.
- Develop strategic marketing resources, capabilities and structures across the business to ensure effective and consistent execution in line with company culture and values.
- Build and develop leading-edge consumer and customer insights and interpretations as the foundation for sound strategic thinking.
- Monitor and interpret consumer trends as they relate to our categories and ensure that these trends are understood by the business and reflected in activities
- Utilise data to prioritise our investment and innovation platforms
- Implementation of a new strategic brand direction for the division to achieve ambitious sales and profit targets in chosen channels.
- Ensure that marketing and commercial activities are integrated and working in harmony with strategic marketing activities so that marketing and brand activities have a demonstrable impact on business performance.
- Demonstrate that they are responsible, reliable and trustworthy and they are aware that every action must reflect a strong personal commitment to customers and brand.
- Adopt a range of styles to get the best out of individuals.
- Lead by example, being a role-model for people working within the business.
- Implement a personal development plan for each team member and identify a succession plan for key roles.
- Responsible for the marketing functions across the business, the Strategic Marketing Director must maintain effective communication, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance to their team and other teams within the business.
- Proactively manage their team, ensuring performance indicators are set-out, agreed, evaluated and managed in line with company norms.
Behaviours & skills required:
- Have a Masters level qualification (MSc/MBA) in business and ideally marketing
- Extensive senior marketing / brand management experience
- Relevant experience with buyers within retail & consumer-led channels, ideally across UK&I.
- Have experience working at a senior level with leadership teams
- Have a successful track record of brand development, delivery and strategic marketing practices both in a direct consumer environment as well as in a B2B third party environment
- Have experience in international markets
- Be results orientated with a practical can-do attitude
- Have a demonstrated track record of building and leading high-performance work teams, with a strong personal network
- Have a strategic mentality and a disciplined approach to sales and marketing
- Be strongly grounded in hands–on day to day operations, lead from the front and have the capacity to engage and influence at all levels and connect across the business
- Be persistent and resilient with high levels of energy and drive
- Be flexible and adaptive in a fast-moving environment
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have the stature, presence and confidence required to gain the respect of colleagues and communicate with authority
- Successfully combine both creative and analytical capabilities.