A top-tier sport & sponsorship consultancy is now seeking a Research Executive to join their Insights & Research Team, reporting to the Head of Research.
Why this Research Executive role might for you:
- Work on exciting research & insights projects for leading brands in Ireland and internationally with an emphasis on sports, culture & sponsorship.
- Develop your understanding of professional sports and their interaction with business.
- Work with top teams across rugby, football, gaelic games as well as (non-sporting) cultural and entertainment brands, along with their brand partners to better understand their marketing plans.
- Join an award-winning team of research and marketing professionals, reporting to an experienced Head of Research
What you’ll do:
The purpose of this key role is to support clients in the development of world class marketing & sponsorship insights to enable clients optimise and deliver return on their investment. The candidate will assist a number of the world’s leading brands and rights holders (sport and non-sport) with the development of their marketing, sponsorship and commercial strategies. The successful candidate will join the insights & research team, reporting to the Head of Insights. This role requires a team player who has the capabilities, energy and passion to fulfil the following key responsibilities.
- Daily monitoring of the sponsorship market in Ireland and globally, keeping up to date with emerging sponsorship segments and deals
- Daily monitoring of news items and intelligence reports relevant to the sports and sponsorship markets and consumer trends
- Deliver desk-based research and analysis as a standalone project or as part of a research, insights or consultancy project consistent with project timelines and high production
- Input to an annual work programme using retained client assignments and internally generated research as base demand. Supplement with visible and targeted new project assignments.
- Experience of using quantitative methodologies for research including questionnaire / survey design, data analysis, report writing and developing presentations.
- Deliver internally-generated projects associated with thought leadership, promotion of the brand and marketing events.
- Present to clients; prospects; and third parties to high quality standards.
- Review existing methodologies; processes; and tools to identify opportunities to improve productivity and effectiveness.
What skills do you need to be our next Research Executive:
- Strong analytical skills and highly numerate.
- Minimum of 2 years experience of intelligence or desk research
- Market research experience is beneficial
- General Marketing or digital marketing experience is desirable;
- Experienced in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Highly skilled in presentation layout and design;
- Experience of using secondary data sources for desk research;
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask, manage and prioritise projects – particularly a variety of client commitments – in a fast-moving environment. Adaptive and flexible in
- Proven strong project management skills and analytical competence with a heavy focus on attention to detail;
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to exert credible influence and an emphasis on data visualization and professional, premium design;
- Working autonomously on research projects with minimal supervision within a small team.