A high potential scale-up organisation is now seeking its first Head of Marketing. Reporting directly to the founders, you will build the marketing capability and team for this organisation.
You will need experience working at a senior level in B2C marketing with significant digital marketing & ecommerce experience. If you have worked in an early stage company that would be a plus.
This role and organisation is fully remote (or receive an allowance to work in a co-working space if you prefer).
The brand is all about entertaining through its marketing – think BeardClub or PooPourri.
- Huge Growth Potential
- 100% Remote Work with Flexible Hours.
- Define where you work, how you work, how best you work
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- European & International Travel
We are seeking a Head of Marketing to build & refine a marketing strategy and team from inception. This is a highly cross functional role requiring both strategic and tactical execution, strong program management, and the ability to build and lead a team.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will very much be expected to be the left brain to the Creative Director (Co-Founder).
This is a fully remote-only position for a US-facing company that is growing exponentially. You must be comfortable with setting your own schedule, collaborating in a dispersed team, and breaking the status quo.
What You’ll Do:
Marketing Strategy & Plan
- Review and thoroughly analyze our existing channels
- Assess market needs and opportunities
- Fully define the customer journey, touchpoints, profiles, pain points, attitudes, values etc
- Develop both short term plans & high level marketing strategy and vision
- Set goals, direction, and lead day-to-day priorities
- Partner with IT to select and set up key marketing & systems
Build a Team & Resources
- Define in house & outsourced organizational needs
- Establish KPI’s for all of your team’s efforts and track performance
- Find and recognize exceptional talent, hire, and motivate to drive marketing initiatives (tentatively 10 people within the first year)
- Help establish and define the working culture
- Relentlessly improve the processes and systems behind the marketing team
- Develop third-party resources or collaborate with agencies/freelancers where needed
Refine the Brand & Execute
- Utilize an outside agency to build a consistent look and feel to our brand.
- Define our branding, messaging, packaging and visual aesthetic
- Brief, plan and implement media plans
- Execute the Strategy
- Analytical You must have a genuinely analytical mind and an ability to evaluate and make decisions based on data.
- Strong project management You live and breathe project management, have excellent organizational skills, and like systems and process. You can meet deadlines, change directions, and manage multiple diverse projects at once.
- Leadership & People management: You will oversee the marketing department and propel its growth. You are adept at recruitment, delegation, and motivating your team
- Communication: You are a robust, concise communicator and writer.
- You Think Big: You need to be able to see the future and have ambitious goals. Break the status quo.
- Autonomous You’ve got to be able to take ownership and work without oversight
Qualification & Requirements
- 7+ years of experience in Marketing: with a focus on B2C or e-commerce
- Expertise across digital, communication, marketing research and strategy.
- Proven experience hiring, developing and leading a team
- A deep understanding of traditional and non-traditional brand marketing strategies
- Ability to thrive in a non-traditional work environment
Who We Are
The company mission is focused on six core aspirations the company continually strives to achieve whilst authoritatively providing access to diverse products to stay blah blahblah.
No, but really;
We just want to make really good products and disrupt a surprisingly dull industry whilst entertaining or making people laugh through our marketing – think Beardclub or PooPourri.
We have an incredible foundation; we’re ready to blow this up and make some serious marketing moves.
- An excellent starting salary to attract a senior-level marketing professional
- Health & Life Insurance
- Fully remote with flexible working hours
- Minimum 25 days annual leave (flexible)
- Monthly Health, wellness, or gym membership allowance
- Home office setup or monthly co-working allowance
- Personal development
- Professional development