One of Ireland’s most recognisable consumer tech brands is now searching for a newly created role of Head of Digital.
The Head of Digital will deliver best-in-class digital platforms, applications and experiences that drive commercial growth, efficiencies and customer experience improvements. Working closely with the leadership team the role is responsible for translating the requirements of the business into real, tangible digital user experiences, design and personalisation that drives sales volumes, customer education, operational efficiencies and positive customer experiences.
Specific Duties & Tasks:
- Commercial ownership of the online P&L to meet and exceed the demands of the business and drive online channel share.
- Lead, manage & develop teams across website design, CX, self-service and online sales.
- Coach, develop and support the team’s capability and output
- Responsible for running complex programs and projects; including tasks involved in design, development and execution
- Apply the latest innovative solutions in the development of self-service customer experience.
- Evaluate web traffic & performance on an ongoing basis to ensure a consistent & optimised e2e sales funnel.
- Providing stakeholders with transparent processes for change request management ensuring strict governance is applied with continuous feedback.
- Work with third-party agencies to ensure appropriate UX & Design resources are in place to deliver against each project.
- Work with our Sales & Service teams to provide technical insight and expertise into sales/conversion and operational efficiency opportunities.
- Manage development of team members (1-1 reviews, performance reviews, training needs etc)
- Identify key trends for further improvements of the website design & development using all group assets to own the digital innovation agenda which informs the longer-term digital strategy.
Skills & Expertise:
- 10 + years of operational experience including a minimum of 3 years senior management experience
- Skilled at leading teams and inspiring high performance
- Detailed knowledge of CX and UX design principles and best practices
- Expert understanding of agile and the development cycle
- Skilled in using collaborative approaches to finding solutions and building partnerships
- Commercially focused – A strong understanding of the importance of online deliveries and their associated intricacies (project resources & conversion impact, timeframes, release schedules etc.)
- Track record of delivering step change in customer experiences through online knowledge (design, content, UX, analytics)
- Digitising all aspects of the customer experience including support queries
- Experience delivering individual projects or collaborating in a team to drive success
- Skilled at managing/delivering to tight timelines working in a consistently highly pressurised environment where there is a need to respond quickly to multiple changes in instructions/requests where senior management is often involved in the detail
- A keen focus on the customer and ensuring our digital experiences are simple and easy to use
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic and results-focused mindset
- A strategic, forward-thinking individual who enjoys a fast-paced environment and can embrace change in an organization
- A confident decision-maker who is competent in coping with uncertainty and risk, advising and making recommendations on short timescales
- An experienced, inspiring people leader with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- First-class problem-solving skills who gets to the heart of the matter
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with the business while ascertaining the key impact/detail behind the issue/request
- High attention to detail, someone who cares about quality