Reporting to the CEO, the Global Head of Marketing will drive the marketing of this exciting luxury Irish spirit brand. The first hire of its kind in the business, you will have the opportunity to shape the department and future success of this brand.
Why this Global Head of Marketing role might be for you:
- Be the first full-time Global Head of Marketing in the organisation
- Drive ambitious growth plans as part of the senior team
- Remote-first role, with the opportunity to work in the office if you wish
- Flexible on travel to markets – it will be up to the successful candidate to decide
- Great culture and a super team
- Experienced non-exec directors available for input and advice
- Excellent salary and package to attract the best
Who we are looking for?
An experienced marketer with a background in international drinks / spirits marketing.
Purpose of Role:
The Global Head of Marketing is responsible for implementing the current brand strategy and the adaptation and execution of the strategy across territories in which we operate (UK, USA, Canada, Germany in addition to Travel Retail). The Global Head of Marketing is responsible for ensuring the design and conception of innovative campaigns for the Brand to reach its target audience. The Global Head of Marketing has the ability to adjust and refine campaigns and plans as necessary to ensure they are engaging appropriately with the customer. The Global head of Marketing leads a specialist team of outsourced marketers and ensures the brand is building awareness in a digital world.
Ensuring the current 3-year strategy is implemented which promotes brand awareness and advocacy across new and existing markets to ensure global sales brand targets are met. Manage the agreed output of all Partners and supporting agencies. Manage analysis of campaigns and creative, innovative solutions to ensure the Brand reaches its target audience. To ensure own experience is inputted into brand awareness and digital campaigns.
- Ensure the Brand strategic objectives are appropriate and implemented in line with expected timelines for delivery.
- Develop and manage an excellent working relationship with all Partners and Supporting Agencies and leverage these relationships to ensure world class execution. Ensure all content lives and breathes the brand.
- Own and manage the marketing calendar ensuring it is updated and in real time alignment with the sales and business cycles
- Provide an editorial and oversight function for content creativity to ensure the desired impression for brand awareness is created
- Ensure the internal marketing assistant has SMART objectives for delivery which are aligned with the marketing strategy
- Provide effective direction, coaching and support to both the in-house marketing assistant and outsourced marketing team as required to ensure the execution of key initiatives
- Ensure the wider business is appraised of the strategy and kept up to date on marketing campaigns and trends.
- Communicate and collaborate with interdepartmental colleagues to ensure brand success
- Ensure accurate reporting on marketing campaigns is provided to the executive team and included in the Board papers
- Provide data and analysis to the executive team on Brand campaigns to ensure collective understanding
- Ensure effective and timely communication with colleagues and direct reports to ensure the Brand objectives are met.
- Ensure understanding of data analytics by analysing information received on consumer purchase patterns, needs and buying activities
- Previous experience working with a progressive brand in a Global Market with drinks (ideally spirits) experience
- Bachelors Degree in marketing, business or related field
- Ability to work strategically and operationally depending on requirements for the execution of brand initiatives
- Experienced global marketeer capable of devising appropriate campaigns and initiatives including content, copywriting/editorial.
- Strong Strategy, Project management and decision making skills
- Proven experience in devising marketing plans and campaigns to deliver commercial results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills especially ability to understand statistics
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Analytical and problem solving capability
- Creative approach to marketing campaigns
- Experience of managing and coaching a diverse marketing team