A high profile consumer goods company, a leader in its field and the company behind some of the biggest and most successful launches in the category in recent years has now created a new role for a Strategic Brand Planning Manager.
Why this role might be for you:
- Join one of the best marketing teams in Ireland in a senior role
- Work on some of the most successful brand launches Ireland has seen
- Create new categories, sub categories, new brands and new positioning
- Great package including excellent salary, bonus, profit share, healthcare for you and family, generous pension contribution, flexible working practices and lots more.
- Opportunities for career advancement and progression in Ireland and globally
Key Responsibilities include:
- Shaping the innovation strategy alongside the Innovation lead, inspiring with trends, foresight and consumer insight.
- Building the positioning for new brands alongside the innovation team.
- Conducting all the necessary market research to ‘test and learn’ before launch.
- Partnering with Marketing Managers and Brand Managers to create world class briefs ensuring campaign ideas and strategies are highly effective and targeted at the right audience.
- Steering the brand strategies with the Marketing Managers to ensure brands stay on track. This involves pinpointing critical brand issues and coming up with creative briefs to address them while always acting in an objective manner, future focused and thinking through a Portfolio lens.
- Evaluating the impact of marketing campaigns on Brand positioning and making strategic recommendations for brand growth.
- Conducting all qual and quant research as is necessary to unearth the necessary insight to solve issues and inform briefs.
- Managing a growing portfolio of brand propositions ensuring each brand can reach its full potential and play its role in achieving the company vision.
- Supporting the Media Manager to make the best media mix decision for the portfolio of brands.
Job Type / Category
Reporting to the Head of Insights, the Strategic Brand Planning Manager will be responsible for leading the Brand and Innovation Strategic Planning with key accountability for:
- Inspiring the Innovation Funnel with rich foresight and Consumer Insight and shaping the strategy with the Innovation Manager.
- Creation of new brand positioning, and shaping the strategy for line extensions with the Innovation Team.
- Analysing and interpreting brand performance using a variety of data sources to unlock actionable insight and drive brand growth and ensure optimum market positioning.
- Producing clever briefs to inspire agencies to do brilliant work for key brands in the portfolio and providing objective direction for brand teams on their integrated brand plans
Applicants should ideally:
- Have a relevant third level qualification with previous similar experience of 5-10 years.
- Strategic Brand Planning Experience either on Client or Agency Side a distinct advantage.
- Be flexible, self-motivated, creative and have excellent communication and written skills with the ability to influence and inspire key stakeholders.
- Have experience with and a strong interest in brands, Innovation, consumer insights & motivation and shifting category and market patterns with an ability to see the bigger picture.
- Be capable of working on own initiative and good at prioritising.