An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Amazon Insights Manager to join the insights function of a globally successful Irish consumer goods company. The company has enjoyed strong growth since its launch just 11 short years ago and is now available in a staggering 50 countries. We have our headquarters in Ireland and our regional offices in US and the Netherlands and are proud to have over 300 talented people working together to bring our products to more and more consumers in every corner of the globe.
The Insights team aims to provide strategic actionable insights to inspire change, drive business growth and create a learning culture. We want to enable strategic decision making by integrating end to end insights for continuous learning and knowledge building. We want to ensure consumer focus across demand generation functions and senior leadership in the business. The insights team is a central team based at the company Headquarters in Ireland and works cross functionally with all teams across our 4 regions – UK and Ireland (& Australia), EMEA +, and North America.
This role will report into the central insights team working closely with our global Amazon vertical which includes commercial sales, marketing, and shopper teams. In this role, you will use high impact insights to influence and drive strategic and tactical actions to win in the Amazon marketplace. The Global Amazon Insights Manager will be a strong voice of market intelligence, category, and shopper insights in the global Amazon vertical and central teams, with superior skills in employing syndicated data and custom research to build impactful storytelling to enable commercial strategy.
Specifically, this role requires working with the Amazon team who are based across Boston and Seattle in USA, Ireland, and Netherlands to unlock opportunities for growth across Amazon channels in different geographies (USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Australia etc.) in the category. You will also be responsible for reporting centrally and objectively, brand and category performance and understanding reasons behind successes and shortcomings.
- Actionable, meaningful measurement: Work with internal partner teams and data providers (OCR/EDGE, Vendor Central, shopper panel, internal data sources) to build a holistic view of the category and brand performance within it for key geographies. It is important to provide the ‘why’ behind the ‘what’ as part of performance measurement. This will not only be leveraged for regular performance updates but as input into strategic and tactical decisions on Amazon.
- Drive Decisions with the power of insights: Become an expert on the category trends, growth drivers, and key competitive activity inclusive of 1P Retail and 3P Marketplace (and other newer Amazon channels) and develop and share insights to inform decisions that drive growth.
- o Business reviews, focusing on shorter term growth opportunities like activations, promotions, campaigns etc.
o Strategic review, focusing on longer term growth through pricing, portfolio, pack assortment, channel reach and other levers.
- Be the voice of the shopper: Infuse your knowledge and expertise of Amazon platform user experience (UX) and drivers of the Flywheel to ensure the shopper is front and centre of our activations and strategy.
- Driving Engagement: Build strong partnerships with the Amazon team (sales, marketing, shopper marketing) and central teams (brand, innovation) to establish discipline of a fact-based approach to decision making. Effectively communicate and embed learning to increase the impact of insights into action by making them relevant to different business stakeholders.
- This is not an exhaustive list and may be subject to change and amendment.
- Minimum 5 years of category or shopper insights experience in Amazon and or other ecommerce players is preferred
- Previous experience in AMAZON USA is desirable and will be looked upon favourably.
- Previous experience in 1P & 3P marketplace model with AMAZON is also desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in a related field
- Proficient in working with bigger online category and shopper data suppliers EDGE, Profitero, Stackline, OCR, ARAP, Numerator, Vendor/Seller Central etc. else experience with retail ePOS data suppliers like Nielsen, IRI, Kantar etc.
- Travel – maximum 30% (when relevant in line with internal Covid-19 protection protocol)