Joining the global brand team of one of Ireland’s most successful consumer goods companies and reporting to the Consumer Insights Manager, the Consumer Insights Specialist will work across a variety of global projects to facilitates an insight-led brand strategy.
This role would suit a Research Project Manager from an agency or similar role in-house.
The successful candidate will work closely with brand & innovation teams, leveraging insights to diagnose brand performance and inform brand strategy, as well as informing innovation pipelines. They will also work closely with the strategy team to generate actionable insights from quantitative analysis. This role will require an in-depth understanding of consumer behaviour, as well as confident working with both qualitative and quantitative datasets, in order to facilitate the identification of potential opportunities for brand growth.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Keep a pulse on global consumer trends to identify potential opportunities for growth and inform brand strategy.
• Couple the knowledge and understanding of consumer and shopper behaviour with primary & secondary research data.
• Be responsible for trend monitoring, opportunity identification and communicating these potential opportunities to senior stakeholders.
• Manage primary research projects, both quantitative & qualitative, that address business challenges.
• Be responsible for brand health & equity tracking, usage & attitude studies, concept & product testing, consumer segmentation etc.
• Manage relationships with 3rd party suppliers.
• Handle insight requests from stakeholders globally.
• Develop and deliver bespoke presentations, which draw on multiple data sources, to both internal & external audiences.
• Closely partner with other internal functions, including the Brand, Innovation and the Business Development and Strategy teams
• Share Insights that support Revenue Growth management projects.
• A 3rd level degree (2.1 minimum), preferably in a marketing/business/ psychology discipline
• At least 5 years’ relevant experience, working in a research agency or in an insights role in industry.
• An ability to think strategically, to interpret data, and develop hypotheses off the back of these interpretations.
• Well-honed research and analytical skills.
• Strong numeracy skills.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, stakeholder management, facilitation and influencing skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• An established understanding of consumer psychology, behaviour, and evolving consumer trends.
• Desk research competence and familiarity with exiting marketing intelligences sources such as Mintel, Statista etc.
• Understanding and experience within FMCG is preferable.
• EPOS/ panel data competence (e.g., IRI/ Nielsen/ KWP) is preferable.