A top FMCG organisation is now seeking a Consumer Insights Manager to lead their insights function in Ireland. This role reports to the Marketing Director and has one direct report. It is a senior role in the organisation.
Why this role might be for you:
- Work with a top-tier FMCG organisation on both Irish and global brands
- Lead the consumer insight function and manage a small team
- Be part of an organisation recognised as a Great Place to Work
- Take up a senior role with an award-winning marketing team
- Permanent role with a comprehensive salary & package
The Consumer Insight Manager will be accountable for generating insight that shapes marketing strategy, plans, innovation and activity, ensuring consumers & shoppers are at the heart of business decision making.
This role will report directly to the Marketing Director, have a dotted line to the Global Director of Consumer Insight and will have line management responsibility for one direct report. This role encompasses both quantitative and qualitative insight, and both continuous and ad-hoc research.
As Consumer Insight Manager you will be a key strategic partner for the Marketing team in guiding clear consumer-driven strategy and in the development of effective marketing activity that will win with consumers. You will be doing this through the delivery of compelling consumer insights which drive business decision making.
It will be key to lead the Brand Planning Agenda on our key local brands and take best practice into the market from the Global Insight Team.
- Working with the Marketing Director and Global Insight Director, act as a strategic thought-partner to ensure that voice of the consumer is considered in key business decisions.
- Work with the marketing team to shape the three year strategic plan and annual operating plan
- Understand brand and competitor performance, delivering simple, timely communication of issues & opportunities to the business.
- Define key insight gaps and research needs to deliver against our strategic priorities and drive growth for our brands, and proactively plan how to address these.
- Ensure all brand communication is optimised through consumer feedback to maximise effectiveness
- Work with the Brand Team on specific innovation development by using best in class research methodologies and agencies
- Lead Key Strategic Channel & Shopper Projects for the business
- Own and manage the relationship with research agencies building great partnerships that results in insightful and actionable outputs
- Manage Insight budget, ensuring maximum return on investment
Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven success in agency or client-side Insight / Research roles
- Experience of working with FMCG brands
- Experience of application of core continuous insight sources (e.g. Kantar, Nielsen, brand tracking) to identify key issues and opportunities
- Strong analytical skills – ability to triangulate multiple sources of information to reveal compelling and actionable consumer insights, and to translate insights into actionable recommendations.
- Strong communication skills (written & oral) with an ability to tell simple and compelling stories that make an impact and inspire action in others.