A leading FMCG organisation is now seeking a Category Manager to join their Category & Insights Team. As Category Manager you will be responsible for the category growth through the design and implementation of category strategy, range and space planning, working in partnership with priority customers omni-channel. Working with a highly motivated team you will join a “Great Place to Work” recognised organisation with a significant focus on putting sustainability. Great salary, hybrid working, 10% employer pension contribution, bonus and lots more.
Responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- To build, develop and maintain credible long-term category lead relationships with partners.
- To support retail partners by providing clear and actionable insight platforms that can help to develop category groups delivering mutual insight led growth.
- Create, develop and deliver regular category reviews
- Utilise and understand Nielsen, Kantar, Talysis, Dunnhumby and IRI data systems to generate information for category reviews and ongoing category management, alongside managing external agency partner relationships.
- Deliver planogram management and creation – SKU optimisation, shelf position and space planning solutions utilising Spaceman.
- Monitor implementation and review of range recommendations seeking continuous opportunities for growth.
- Bring the shopper and consumer view to new product development, promotional plans and joint business plans.
- Maintain category standards and objectivity.
- Live and breathe category management processes and maintain best practice.
- Support and coach category team members.
- Currently working within a Category and/or Insight function, with 4+ years’ experience
- FMCG experience preferred
- Day-to-day expert user of Nielsen, Kantar, Talysis, and IRI data systems
- Experienced user of Category planogram software (e.g. Nielsen Spaceman)
- Adept at turning large data sources into concise, compelling narratives
- Track record of turning insight into action and formulating clear plans for category growth
- Ability to work effectively and build relationships in a team environment, interacting with all levels and functions of the organisation
- Innovative, solution-oriented mindset with problem solving and strategic thinking skills, particularly skilled with effective prioritisation
- Proficiency within Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Powerpoint
- Educated to Degree level